Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

June 1, 2011

In Limbo...

So after the adrenaline from the accepted offer on our house and the one we're buying comes home inspections and decisions about fix ups and repairs.  Then a lull.

A quiet so quiet after all the long months of prep work that it seems the birds sing louder and the car engines are bothersome as they go by.  I know it's just the fact that now I get up and I have leisure time - time to listen.  Time to decide what we will do today (besides schoolwork).  All the recitals are over too and some lessons have ended for the Summer.

Now there is time in abundance.  Yet there is nothing I can do to make our closing date approach faster - because after that the chaos will ensue once more and time will scream by at lightning speeds once again.

I love these slow days.  I want to bottle them.

I should make a list of things we can do before we move.  Of course these things cannot involve supreme mess making or spending, due to impending changes, but there has to be some great opportunities here.

Big Girl can finish her quilt,   Mr. Happiness can figure out with Dad which Wolf Cub patches he can earn over the Summer and do that, Pigeon can get ahead in her reading.

And me?  Hmmmm.  I bought a drop spindle this last weekend.  Step number one to my eventual purchase of a full-fledged spinning wheel.  So I plan to learn to spin.  Good luck me.

I need a really good book to read.  A real page turner.  Should I just dive into Pride & Prejudice AGAIN?  Is there anything out there to even come close?  Darcy appears to be calling...

I look at my beautiful roses I planted so many years ago.  They are historical roses from the Heritage Rose Gardens at Independence, Texas.  I must enjoy them briefly and leave them behind.  It's bittersweet, they've pricked me a thousand times yet their blooms have spread their sweet scent over our yard and the delicate flowers always make me smile.  We'll be off to purchase some for our new garden in July.  Sigh.

Well, I am relaxed enough to sit here all day, but life is calling and piano lessons are still on the calendar.  Pigeon begins these soon.  Duty calls.

Have a marvelous day!

No comments: