Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

May 24, 2011

St. Joseph, pray for us...

So the day before our agent put a for sale sign in our yard, we planted St. Joseph in our garden and said the prayer for our house to sell quickly. 

I do not count myself among saints, nor do I see myself as saint potential, although I wish I could.  I am a sinner.  I struggle so much with little things like my temper and silly desires for things of the world.  My goal is to pray more and be a better example to my kids.

This week however, they were the example for me.

My little Pigeon of 5 whopping years, sat in the back of the car one day repeating, "St. Joseph, pray for us" over and over.  My heart soared and my prayers joined hers.  Soon the other kids joined in and we had a nice chorus going.

After being on the market for exactly one week, we got an offer on our house.  The day before that, we found a house we loved and put an offer in on it.

As all this transpires, I'm thinking, "St. Joesph prayed for us."  And God heard him and us and answered in a big way.

So I am shouting from the rooftops (or my blog), that prayer works and God listens.

Have a blessed day!


No comments: