Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

June 13, 2011

Creativity Withdrawal

So all my lovely crafty things have been packed up for a long time.  The scrapbooking, jewelry making, sewing supplies, etc. are all patiently waiting for me in storage.

I, however, am not so patiently approaching the moving day.  Even after we move there will be weeks of unpacking and while I look forward to the discoveries of items I'd forgotten about, it won't mean I'm ready to embrace the finished and ready craft room that I've long dreamed of.

You know that magazine, "Where Women Create?"  I've bought a few of those and longed to have a room all to myself where I could create a space just for me to "create" wonderful things.  Well, it's weeks away that my dream will come true and to be honest, I'm nervous.

Now don't get any ideas that I get to go out and buy antique library drawers and lawyers bookcases to furnish said room.  In storage I have the very functional yet mundane IKEA bookshelves to harbor my treasures for creating masterpieces.  While not so eye-catching, they actually provide tons of storage and aren't so bad if you can embrace their contemporary mood.  Of course I love nothing contemporary except the price tag - can you say uber cheap?

So at least I have the room and it is furnished and all my lovely supplies will fit inside.  Now for the hard part.  After a six month hiatus from scrapbooking and a long time away from all the rest, will my creative juices flow once again once the room is ready and waiting?  Here's hoping.

This moving thing has made me tired from the inside out.  That and Summer.  Summer used to invigorate but this year I'm just pooped.  Well, I think I'll go take my vitamins and try to embrace the day's packing and cleaning.

And who knows, maybe today I'll find a way to be creative without the craft room and "stuff!"

God bless!

No comments: