Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

June 12, 2011

Impending Move...

I slowly mark the days off the calendar.  We are almost halfway there, halfway through June.  I look around the house and realize I'd better start packing up the rest.  The movers have been booked but they require things to be boxed and ready to go.

I am excited about the new house and being there.  I'm not too excited about the transition.  Is it that now I'm a little older the work is harder and my body doesn't recover as quickly as it used to?  I have all these great goals to start dieting and working our after the move.  Oh to be thin again...but I digress.

After a very tough week I am looking forward to a better one coming up.  We start our Home School Book CLub this week and we've been reading the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. 

You know, when I was a kid I wanted to live in those times.  Now as an adult reading them I think to myself, "No way!"  Skinning animal hides, making butter, smoking meat in a tree, fighting off Indians and mountain lions?  Whoa, Nelly!  Take me back to toilet seats and computer screens.

So now it's time for my children to wax nostalgic over the idealism of life on the prairie.  Mom, however, is waxing nostalgic over her new house and 1.2 acres that come with it.  Anyone want to help me clean it?   ......oh well, I thought I'd ask!

No comments: