Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

May 6, 2011

Easter Fun

I am ashamed to admit it, but Easter was stressful this year.

In the midst of getting the house on sale and all the chaos that goes with that, Easter was this event looming on the horizon and I did not rise to the occasion.  Thankfully and most blessedly, Jesus did.

I intended to bake resurrection cookies, but forgot.  I did manage to have the kids dye the eggs and do the Easter basket thing.

Grandma sent cupcake mix so we had to make cupcakes and they turned out really cute.

Like, totally cute.  But what cupcakes from Williams Sonoma wouldn't be cute?




The kids looked beautiful and this year, I really noticed how much they've grown.  Easter seems to be a benchmark for growth.  I never notice it at Christmas or birthdays, but every Easter marks a change in clothing size, shoe size or height.  Maybe it's that Spring thing.  I don't know, but here are my babies getting more growed up!

And then there's this:
Not too grown up, thankfully!  How sweet is that?

Lately my Pigeon has become a snuggly, kissy, lovie-dovie.  I'm lovin' it.  Oh yeah.  I get "You're the best mom in the whole world!" and that keeps me flying high.  Or, "Mom, I love you!" out of the blue and my sails are full blown and I'm soaring.

Life doesn't get any better than that.

Easter morning was a blur; baskets, church (very short homily...??...but loved the music and the holy water!) and Easter egg hunts and lunch at a friends home.

Now that the house is on the market and all that hard work is in the past, I can reflect on it and know that we need to slow down next year no matter what is going on.  It's too precious to breeze through and risk missing out on it's many blessings.

No comments: