Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

May 13, 2011

This Is Your Brain On Moving...

I used to be a stickler for details.  I could remember phone numbers after dialing them once.  I could tell you how to get somewhere after driving it once.  I could remember where I put everything I owned.

So either I am pre-menopausal, or my brain is fried from vitamin deficiency, or...I am in moving limbo.

I'm thinking the latter.

Can't remember anything from day to day!  I feel like a great big squashed fruit of some sort.

I've looked at so many houses they all blend into one giant house with a hundred rooms and five pools.

How does one survive this?

My kids are on a homeschool shoestring budget, and their lack of schedule makes me crazy!

Last night my dear Giant of a man took me out to the movies to recoup some of my sanity.  Odd place to try to do that, but it sure helped.

We watched "Something Borrowed," supposedly a light comedy - total chick flick; God bless him!

However, there I was, sitting there when suddenly the movie took a turn for the worse, the characters lost their credibility and I was thinking, "This would be a great example of how not to write a script."  The teacher in me can never keep silent and I haven't seen a really good film in a while.

Wanting to see "There Be Dragons" but haven't made it there yet.

Credibility.  It's important, you know?  These authors spend all this time getting us to like the characters and developing back story to make them believable and then, poof!  It's gone in a moment when they have them make not just a stupid decision, but a blatantly elementary and ridiculous choice based on their age and education and sense of virtue portrayed so far.  Ugh.

This is why I love Classical Writing.  The program is awesome and once again I realize how blessed I am to have found it.  Aaaaaahhhhhhh.  Sweet stuff of which great writers are made (and thinkers).

Check it out if you haven't yet.  Sanity can come in ancient packages!
http://www.theclassicalpedagogue.com/index.php/classical-writing/

No comments: