Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

May 17, 2011

Laughter Through Tears, etc.

You know that scene in "Steel Magnolias" when Sally Field is sobbing (as are we all) and she says she just wants to hit something and so Shirley MacLaine grabs Olympia Dukakis and says, "Here, hit this!" In that moment we all begin to giggle and Dolly Parton points out that laughter through tears is one of her favorite emotions.

Well, such was my day yesterday.  The Giant and I had a major disagreement and I just wilted from the stress.  I do not like to displease him and I managed to really peave him.  So we both got angry and then we cried and then we talked it out and then...we danced in the living room.  We waltzed and the kids waltzed.  It was pretty spectacular.

And this morning I opened up my email and what was there?

Showing results.  Do I read them or move on?

I read them.

What do they say..."interested and rescheduling for Wednesday."

Oh...my...goodness!  Can it be true?  Our second showing likes it and is coming back again?

Okay I'm not going to let my hopes fly too sky high, but that is encouraging news. 

I called the Giant and he said he really does need to get things in order in case the house sells.  Hee hee.  He cracks me up.

We've been asking St. Joseph to intercede for us and God bless you, St. Joseph, you have.  Many thanks.

A friend reminded me that next I get to pack everything else up to move.  Whoa.  Ugh.  Okay!  The range of emotion is off the scale at this point.

Have a great day!

No comments: