Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

August 2, 2011

Update...

Well, we moved.  Whew.  That's done.  Unpacking will take, well, forever, but we're here and that's what matters.

I've bit the bullet and bought bookcases for the school room.  Wah - hoooooooo!  What a blessing.  Then I bought a new school table too.  It's a gorgeous 8 foot harvest table.  Can you say sturdy?  It's just yummy!

The rest will come slowly and more likely once this heat and drought dissipates.  Although I did trim the hedges, aren't you proud of me?  So needed it.

My darling son had his appendix out.  Came out of nowhere in the middle of the night.  Two hospitals and countless doctors later a surgery was done and my brave little soldier was recovering.  Mom was sleep deprived for more than 48 hours and was pretty cranky at one point but thank heaven a bed was procured and some sleep acquired.  That is an awful feeling - needing to sleep but knowing you can't?  The prayers and support were so great from friends and family.  It got us through.

Let's see, my mother went to ER for an allergy attack, I missed Mr. Happiness's cello lesson because my watch stopped, we celebrated the Giant's birthday, fixed the lawn mower, watched as our co-op fell apart and dissolved, unpacked the scrapbook room, and realized one of my yahoo groups was moderating me and posting my messages two months late or just deleting them.

But I am happy.  I will trust in the Lord in all of this and wait for His plan to reveal itself.  This may be the plan, actually, I'm pretty sure it is.  Can I rejoice when things go haywire and love life all the same?  Yep, I can and I will because no body and no thing have the right to cause otherwise unless I let them.  First person pep talk, giddy-up and go on being happy.

Life certainly feels different here.  It's slower, everything's further.  Gasoline is expensive so stay home!  But we love it.  The days seem longer and the neighbors more friendly.

I am basking in the glow of the "big house" and making plans to turn it into a charmer as time goes by.  I am looking forward to regularity; school days, laundry, cooking, etc.  Here's to that.

No comments: