Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

April 4, 2011

Moving versus Spring

The house preparations are now continuing; the painting and patching and boxing up of life.

And outside there is a transformation that took place while we were gone for two weeks in Oklahoma.
The roses are all in bloom, as is everything!  It is so beautiful every time I pull into the driveway I stop and admire it.

Moving, ugh.  Spring?  Ahhhh.

Moving...stress.  Spring?  God's laughter exploding in my garden.

Moving...do I really have the energy to pack another box?   Spring?  Oh my!  Look at that!

Moving?...go take a big inhalation of the roses, let it fill you with the joy of Spring's energy, and yes, pack another box!
The realtor is coming to see the house tomorrow and there is so much to do.  This morning was blue sky beautiful and I was excited about the sunshine streaming into my living room through the now uncurtained wall of windows.  Then, while I casually answered some emails, the clouds had the nerve to roll in and a heavy thunderstorm came down and rocked every rose bush until a plethora of velvet petals newly littered the ground.

Of all the nerve!

All I wanted to do then was sit and wait for the blue sky to return and dissolve my muggy mood.  It hasn't so far.

The kids are cranky too - probably an offshoot of my mood.  Our schedule is a mess after two weeks of chaos and a funeral in Oklahoma.  That doesn't help.

And I'm sure a little of this is the let down from an absolutely amazing day at church yesterday.  I mean the kind that only happens once every few years.  I know it sounds odd to think that there's a let down, but I guess sometimes when you feel so close to Heaven and the joy is so impacting, reality just seems so ordinary.

I'm finding myself drifting back to those moments of prayer with my eyes shut tight and the sounds of praise and prayer all around me lifting us all to a beautiful place.  I came home knowing that we need to find joy in every small thing.  We need to invite the Lord into the most mundane task of the everyday.  It's not easy though.  Old habits die hard.

Routine will help - getting back into our old patterns so the kids don't think today's another holiday from regular responsibilities.

In the meantime, thanks Lord, for Spring.  And for the moving, and for the mundane.  Inhabit all of it today and forever so we never forget it is all about serving you.

No comments: