Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

March 18, 2011

A Painter's tale...

So I've been painting.

I should explain that what I'm painting over was done by me as well.  I love all things Tuscan and my living room and entry way was painted a golden yellow with a glazed rag rub of mocha brown over it.  Since we have textured walls this created a really nice effect that resulted in my home looking warm and rich, with our deep red curtains and mahogany fireplace mantle.  And now?

Can you say creamy white?  For those of you who love clean lines and sparsity in decorating I am somewhat envious.  I want to be like you but find it impossible to embrace the day to day living of such a pale palette.  I was born to love the color red and deep, rich wood tones.

My house is now a blank slate for someone to fashion into their dream of home.  As I sit and gaze into the backyard I notice the stark contrast between the dark leather of the sofa and, well...everything else.  The red Syrian rug seems too bright suddenly and my skill as a decorator appears questionable at best.  Do realtors really know what they're talking about?  I sure hope so.

I am pleased that the painting process went so quickly, although I've still another large room to do.  But I've really enjoyed it which is a surprise.  I've prayed over every wall and taken care in my work to do an excellent job.  Surely someone will see this and fall in love with it. Please God, please!

In the mean time my mood has improved and my hope is returning.  I'm thinking this may have something to do with my attitude and my desire to focus on the family who will live here soon.  I don't know them, but may God bless them.  And I thank God for helping me find this way to transition peacefully out of a stressful situation. 

Next week the landscaping will be done and then watch for a for sale sign soon to be up at this location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: