Welcome to my journey in life: thoughts on God, homeschooling, and anything homemade. (I took this photo of my eldest in April, 2017.)

February 22, 2011

Minout

Back in September we noticed a kitten roaming our parts of the neighborhood.

She was pretty dog-gone cute.


So...after a few days we put food out and she would eat it daily and hang out in the bushes.  A friend of mine has a cat trap (I didn't even know these existed) so we borrowed it and embarked on a rescue mission.

We caught her in one day.

Thus began life with Minout.  

After three weeks our other two cats began to stop hissing at her.  She just wanted to play but they are all grown up and lazy now so any activity was received with an unwelcome "SSSSSSSSSSSS!"

She kept at them until first one, then the other relented.  They have become friends of a sort.

In the mean time, Minout has become my enemy.  Maybe she instinctively knows I am not a cat person?  Maybe she just looks at me with that all-knowing  knowledge that she can get away with murder because I can't EVER catch her.  Whatever the case, we have come to a crossroads and thank heaven for great friends who happen to also be cat lovers.

The other day my husband walks into the kitchen and says that his socks smell like cat pee.  Yuck.  "Did they pee on the laundry again?" I asked.  "I don't think so," was all he said.  This habit I was aware of and in the process of correcting.  Next thing I see him cleaning his shoe out with a wipe.  "You've got to be kidding?" I say, aghast.  He just smiles and nods. 

Poor Minout.  All that lovely litter in her cat box and she has to pee in my husband's shoe.  What has a cat's life come to?

I'll tell you what it's come to.  She is now going to be an outdoor cat and live with our dear friends who are gracious enough to adopt her, at least until we move.  Our neighborhood is not tolerant of cats prowling the streets.

My cat loving daughter is sad yet aware of the necessity of this decision.  It will also cut down on the house cat odor and vacuuming which (since we actually want to sell the house) - is good.

Any cat owners who've had a similar experience please feel free to help me out here, as Minout will be coming home again once we move.  Was it something I said?  Hmmmmm.







No comments: